TORVA JOINING GUIDE
Please read all the rules before signing up on Torva.
● Register with your character's full name! Make sure their name is correctly capitalized.
● Login to your email account and verify your character's account.
● Login to your account on Torva.
Completing Your Character's Profile
You must fill out your profile before you can be accepted
● At the top of the first sidebar beneath the 'Log Out' option, there should also be an option called 'UCP'. This is where you can edit your account and profile.
● Once you are viewing your UCP, click the option 'Edit My Profile'. Here you will be able to fill in your profile to get accepted.
● OOC name: what should we call you? This lets us know who you are!
● Other characters: This is an easy way to see who else you play on Torva. If you don't have any other characters, feel free to leave it blank!
● AIM/MSN: These are optional but can help you stay in touch with other members on Torva.
● Other Fields: These are all optional and help us to know more about you. Feel free to leave them blank or fill them in - it's up to you.
IC - Basic Character Information
● Name: What's your wolf's name? Typically on Torva wolves have a first and last name. Some also have middle names!
● Age: Should be between 1-9 years unless you adopted a puppy on site. A 1 year old wolf is an adolescent and is still in their teenage years. 2 year olds are considered fully mature and are capable of reproduction. Wolves aged 3-5 are in their prime, and wolves past the age of 6 are considered elderly. Please also include the month your wolf was born.
● Character Gender: Is your wolf male or female?
● Species: Wolves may be purely one species, or they may be a mixture of species. Species allowed on Torva are: Gray wolf, Canadian Timber wolf, Mackenzie Valley wolf, Mexican wolf, Red wolf, Eurasian wolf, European wolf, Arctic wolf, Tundra wolf, Great Plains wolf, British Columbian wolf, Rocky Mountain wolf.
* Other subspecies may be accepted, as long as they are not extinct.
* Maned wolves will not be accepted.
* Dog and Coyote hybrids are not accepted.
● Physique: Is your wolf small, medium, or large? * You can acquire an extra large body size by genetics or by purchase with points (see here)
IC - Appearance
● Your appearance should be at least 200 words
. Here are some ideas about what to include in your appearance section:
● Some members find a quick reference helpful. An example would be: brown pelt | blue eyes | small frame
● Fur, Pelt Colors & Markings: What is your wolf's dominant color? Do they have markings, such as white socks on their legs, underbelly and throat? Do they have any colors aside from the dominant color? Are these colors distinct or are they a light dusting on top of the main pelt color? Are they only one color? Does their fur appear to have subtle undertones of a color in certain lighting? Is their fur longer than average, is it silky, is it thick or coarse? Is it well maintained and shiny, or is it unkempt and dirty? Make sure their markings are realistic. You may need to provide a reference picture if markings are questionable.
Typically accepted pelt colors are variations of: White, Cream, Silver, Greys, Beige, Tans, Browns, and Black. Other colors may be purchased (see here)
● Eyes: What color are your wolf's eyes? Are there flecks of another color present? Make sure your wolf's eyes do not fade from one color to another, as you have to pay points to be allowed to have a character with this defect. Are your wolf's eyes bright and lively? Dull and listless?
The free eye colors are: Browns, Oranges, Golds, Blues and Greens. Other colors may be purchased via points (see here)
● Posture/Walk: How does your wolf carry them self? Dominantly? Submissively? Aggressively? How do they hold themselves and when they move are they fleet, sluggish, elegant, clumsy? Are they alert, or not so much?
● Size: You may decide to elaborate upon their size, their height, their weight, if they are bulky, thin, tall, short, etc.
● Scars: Does your wolf have any scars?
● Other: Feel free to write about anything else you can think of concerning your wolf's opinion!
IC - Personality
● Your personality should be at least 200 words
. Here are some ideas about what to include in your personality section:
● Quick Reference: You may decide to pick some adjectives that describe your character and list them at the top for easy reference.
● There are so many personality traits to choose from. Is your wolf bossy, manipulative, dramatic, caring, motherly, empathetic, angry, aggressive, charming, domineering, altruistic? If you're having trouble thinking of ideas, look up a list of adjectives and pick some you like to write about. Also, check out different "alignments" when creating your wolf (ex. Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Good, etc)!
● Does your wolf have any disorders? Phobias? Passions? The personality section is a good place to list this.
IC - Biography
● This is optional, but it can tell us more about why your character is the way they are. Some members even kept a list of events that are important to their character after they join Torva for other members to use as a reference. If you fill this in or not, it's entirely up to you.
● These are some commonly asked questions that are useful to read over before joining!
Is Torva a realistic role play?
We are as realistic as we can be, wolves talking is not normal but what is fun in a simple tail wag? While we allow some unnaturally colored pelts and any colored eyes, we do not allow outlandish things such purple pelts. We also do not allow magic spells or wolves with wings.
What do I do if I want a rare eye color?
Check to see if it is free; if not, you can purchase it.
Why can't we have unrealistic pelt markings?
We try to be as realistic as we possibly can, without being too dull or strict at the same time. While the odd markings might look interesting, flexing to this could cause a mass chaos of people wanting the same privilege. So to avoid this we say no to unrealistic markings. But don’t be discouraged. The staff will work with you to making the markings more realistic so you can join us.
How can I tell who is an admin or just a normal staff member?
Our admins have bolded capitalized names while our lovely mods have capitalized names only. Both will be able to help you with any questions you might not get answered here.
How often are the pack tables updated?
It really depends on if anything is going on within the pack. It can happen every week or take a few weeks before the pack table is updated. Just depending on if anything happens that really has a cause for the pack table to be updated.
What if I want to make a pack?
I am so glad you asked that. First, check to see how much it will cost (see here)
, and then check to see how they can be created (see here)
Why are we not allowed to have maned wolves?
Maned wolves and normal wolves are normally not seen in the same general area. First off if they were the packs would spend most of the time making sure the maned wolf was not harming their members, crossing into their territory, or eating the leftover of a kill. Manned wolves are more like a nomad rather than being in a pack. Also maned wolves cannot reproduce with a wolf nor would they ever be able to become mates with them.
If I do not want to play a current character I have anymore, what do I do?
There are two things you can do if this happens to you. First off you can kill off your character. While we will be sad to see your character go, we understand this happens at time. Another thing you can do is place the said character up for adoption. That way the wolf is not gone for good and you no longer have to worry about keeping up with him. We highly discourage this from happening too many times. If it does the staff has a right to deny you another wolf and encourage you to find get a better feel for your character. We will try to help you as much as we can to create a character that is perfect for you.
How long until my IC topic is archived? I still want to play it!
IC topics are archived after 3 weeks of no replies. If your topic was archived and you want it to be put back, request that here (link). If you don't want to wait that long (usually a few hours to a day), or if you just want to post a reply where your character exits, you can still reply to this topic even though it is in the archives.